You own an ecommerce portal and want to turn more visitors into buyers. Your website attracts traffic, but not many people are buying from it. In other words, your conversion rate is too low. You might ask if there is a way to boost the conversion rate.
Yes, there can be many ways to do so. But, I would like to draw your attention towards an easy and simple solution – just change the way you display the products on your website. Clean and distraction-free images help users choose a fitting product, thus turning more of them into buyers.
Product images often have studio props and many other elements in the background, which must be removed for a clutter-free view. Besides, the products should look properly grounded and not suspended in the air for a realistic appeal.
Other important things that you might need to do include cropping, resizing, lighting and brightness adjustments, and making the background white. The following are some ways of eCommerce photo retouching to create a better product profile.
- Background Removal: The first and foremost thing is do away with the unnecessary. You can choose to do so all by yourself or hire a professional retoucher to do the job. Outline the borders carefully and make the edges smooth. Take care not to mess with the product image. Save the file in PNG format to retain transparency. It is easy to turn the background white after this step.
- Product Retouching: Little retouching is needed after you complete the steps of background removal. Some areas may need recreation or repairs, and you may also want something to be replaced or altered for aesthetic reasons. Your image won’t look good if you don’t remove dust, pins or parts of a small prop.
- Shadows and Reflections: To give a realistic look, you must add shadows and make it look properly grounded. Adding shadows need experience. It may not be possible for you to do it by yourself though it will be easier if the raw image has shadows. You just need to clean a little bit and highlight it further.
- Cropping and Resizing: If you have lots of images and you want to display all of them on your website, you must make them look similar in size and dimension. This becomes necessary when your website has placeholders of predefined size for images.
- Light and Color: Most photographs need color and lighting correction. A seasoned photographer knows how to target these issues during post production. However, you may need the services of an expert retoucher for a professional look. Moreover the image might also have issues with light source, brightness, contrast, hue & saturation, etc.
The above methods point out to just one idea – better product images. These are what help you attract your visitors and turn them into buyers. Investing a little to this aspect will eventually pay you with more conversion rate and more sales.